Friday, April 10, 2009

Doctorate from Nashotah House

I was greatly honoured to be made a Doctor of Divinty, honoris causa, by Nashotah House Seminary last October, and deeply moved. It was a wonderful occasion at which I was accompanied by my wife Judith and son Matthew, and surrounded by many Nashotah House friends.
The citation at the ceremony finished by saying, "For his dedicated service and leadership, exemplifying the meaning of a "missionary bishop" and his inspiration to generations of priests..." Thank you to you all at Nashotah House, very, very much.
My relationship with Nashotah House has grown over the past few years, with staff and seminarians, and I cannot imagine an award I would rather have. Bishop Jackson Kemper, the first missionary bishop in North America, was the founder of Nashotah House; and Archbishop Michael Ramsey spent some of the happiest moments of his retirement there - both being heroes of the faith for me.
We now look forward to a mission team of students coming to visit us in the Diocese after Easter.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?